17th February 2013|In Financial Issues, Divorce & Separation

How do you protect your interest in your home if you are not on the Deeds?

By Punam Denley of Blanchards Law.

If, the matrimonial home is held in your sole name then you should be advised that to protect themselves, your spouse may enter a Homes Right Notice which should mean that, effectively, the house cannot be sold without the permission of your spouse.  If the matrimonial home is held in your spouse’s name, you would be advised to instruct us to place a Homes Right Notice on the matrimonial home to protect your interests and to avoid a sale without your permission or notification.


Please do call us if you think that you may be in need of such protection.


© Punam Denley, February 2013

Blanchards Law is a niche family law practice with divorce solicitors, mediators and collaborative lawyers.

Can we help you? Please call us on 0845 658 6639 or email us at pd@blanchardslaw.co.uk

Can we help you? Please call us on 0333 344 6302 or contact us through our enquiry form. All initial enquiries are free and without obligation.

"*" indicates required fields